October 19, 2011, 2:00 ET
Duration: 1 hr
Presented by: Jason Knott, Editor-in-Chief, CE Pro
Panelists: David Weinstein, Vice President, Residential Sales, Lutron Electronics; Tom Doherty, Doherty Design Group
Competition is increasing and it is becoming more challenging to grow your business in this slower economy, according to most integrators. Across the board, custom electronics professionals are looking for new hot buttons that will click with consumers when discussing everything from home control, security, A/V, lighting control and more.
Previously identified as an “add-on” sale, motorized shade controls are becoming more important to homeowners looking for value-oriented products that can boost their home’s energy efficiency and allow them to “redecorate with light” to improve their home’s aesthetics, enhance their personal comfort, and effectively reduce glare and UV damage by controlling daylight.
In this one-hour webinar, learn proven successful techniques on how to “lead with shades,” and then expand your client discussions into the larger category of electric light control, and total home control.
This webinar will:
- Breakdown the different aspects of the motorized window treatment category such including, shades vs. drapes vs. insect screens, the fabric selection process, power supply needs for hardwired vs. battery-powered units, how to interface the systems with controls, how to motorize skylights, and more.
- Make the case for increasing your sales of motorized window treatments from a business and profitability standpoint.
- Offer a step-by-step script of questions to ask prospects, especially targeted toward existing homeowners.
- Present key data discussion points to help guide your shade control sales presentation to increase business.
- Offer marketing strategies for dealers on how to stimulate shade control business overall among interior designers, architects and retail shade centers.